My daughter I hope to meet

I have a daughter who I placed up for adoption 11 years ago. Today is her birthday and the family and I keep in touch. I called them up and was able to talk with my daughter for about 10 minutes. Found out that she knows that I"m her birth mom, but she didn't know that she has a brother. I spoke with the adopted mother and she said she hasn't told her that yet, but that she's not upset with me for telling her and that she will explain it to her in time. I guess I'm just feeling paranoid and wondering if she will want to reunite with me in the future. I myself know what it's like to be adopted let alone give up a child. Iv'e been in both routes myself for I am adopted myself. So I know the feeling and have reunited with my parents, so I'm just hoping that I'll get the same blessing with her. I just don't know what to think. I'm just afraid that she won't want to meet me. She even lives 4 hours away from me.

crtiggerpooh231

Asked by crtiggerpooh231 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Adoption

• good luck. :o) I personally would want to meet my birth mother if I were adopted.
    Anonymous

• good luck. just wondering why you gave her up?
    Anonymous

• Aww, I bet things will turn out! I'm adopted and I would love to have my birth mom want to seek me out! =o)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:24 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Awww...that was so great that you got to talk to her on her birthday! I bet she will want to meet one day. I wouldn't push for it at the moment, but when she gets older and can really understand the situation, I'm sure she will want to form a more meaningful relationship with you. Good Luck!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 11:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• It's normal to feel paranoid about whether or not your child will want to reunite with you. But, there's no way of knowing. It would be preferable for your daughter if she could know you now rather than later. It's better for adoptees to know their birth families, it's good for their self esteem. Ask amom if she'd be willing. Get a copy of "The Primal Wound" by Nancy Verrier and share it with her when your done.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008