Veterans' Day...

Did you do anything special for Veterans' Day?
I took DS,2,to the Veterans' Day parade. He had a great time waving to all of the men an women and yelling out, "Happy Vet Day!"
DS,11, and I made a e-message to all of our friends and family who served or are serving now in the military.

dmbutler

Asked by dmbutler at 11:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband was invited to our local high school to talk about what he want through after his ship the U.S.S. Indianapolis was sunk during WW ll.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My daughter's school had an assembly for the veterans. It was cute the way they all hoisted the colors for each branch of service. My husband wore his uniform and my daughter was so proud to hold the navy flag for both of us. We helped put the flags in the ground around the school. We went to the VA to visit with some of the veterans and it touched a lot of the inpatients, especially the WWII vets.

Then we went to Applebee's and ate our free meal.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Wow Natesmom, I would have loved to hear a survivor talk about that important part of WWII history. Veterans of past wars are walking, breathing, living history and we can learn a lot about them. We were talking to a gentleman who was part of the Guadalcanal campaign and I seriously could have listened to him speak all day.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Our family owns a huge and popular car wash... today (which was a beautiful weather day) my dad gave away a free $20 car wash to every customer that showed a military ID in honor of Veteran's Day. Since our car wash is about 5 miles from a big naval base in Groton CT... I'd say that was a pretty generous and honorable thing to do. :) My :Pop" rocks!!!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 11:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• That is so cute about your DS, I just read this to DH who is a vet and it made him smile :) No we didn't do anything today because hubby is coming down with a bad cold. But I'm really happy to see that other's did.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 11:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You can google or yahoo the U.S.S. Indianapolis and read what him and his shipmates want through.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sounds like a great day! Thank you to you and your famiy for you service!
    dmbutler

Comment by dmbutler (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Please tell your DH thank you for his service and I hope he feels better soon.
    dmbutler

Comment by dmbutler (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree he rocks!
    dmbutler

Comment by dmbutler (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• WOW! I would have loved to hear him speak! Please tell him Thank You for his service!
    dmbutler

Comment by dmbutler (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010