If you could live anywhere you wanted, where would it be? and why?

We live in Indiana and have lived in Yuma Arizona in the past. Our 11 year old daughter wants to move to Florida. I would like to move some where where it doesnt snow or never gets real cold.

SheriesMom

Asked by SheriesMom at 11:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Travel

• I lived in Indiana too. I enjoyed weekend trips to Chicago but it's a little boring unless you're in one of the larger cities. My perfect place isn't in the USA but in being realistic, I too want more heat. S. Californian is too pricey. Miami is pretty pricey too but there are parts of Florida that aren't and are nice. If you can deal with the bugs. If I had the cash, it would be Santa Barbara or SFO. Reality is more likely Scottsdale or someplace in Florida.
    Anonymous

• I spent the first nine years of my life in Florida. We grew up in the ocean basically and I've always wanted to give that life to my children. It's endless entertainment, free, and honestly is about as natural of a life as you can get. I really would love to live near the ocean again. However, my husband the sun are enemies. He has fair skin and burns easily. As well he gets exhausted by the heat rather quickly. Then ontop of that he doesn't want to live anywhere that has consistant natural disasters. We live in Central Michigan right now, so Tornados and Floods do happen, but not often.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I honestly can't decide between Richmond, VA & San Fransisco, CA... They are my absolute favorite places, but because of my hatred of snow, I think I would have to go with SF... Richmond is just to cold...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Diamond, Oregon. Population- 5 No joke! But I wouldn't do that to my kids;)
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 11:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My whole family moved to Connecticutt about 25 years ago and left me 3000 miles away. I would like to move closier to my family,,if they would want me too,,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Italy. I lived there for 3 years when I was in the navy. I loved the food, culture, people, historical places, scenery.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would live in California. It is a nice warm coastal state and it is close to my current state. There are 2 things I want... To live in a coastla state and not live anywhere colder than I do now.

A friend of mine and myself plan on moving there within the next year and a half if we can save up enough money. I am super excited!!
    I am tired of this mid 30s low 40s weather.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• St. Pete, Florida. I live in Jersey and it is typical like NY and I am so tired of cold weather.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would live somewhere with relatively low humidity, yet plenty of plantlife, not arid, but fresh. Doesn't get cold, but stays around the perfect temperature... apx, 70 degrees and is usually sunny.... any places like that?
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Hawaii, it is beatiful and I loved the weather.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2010