Do you make your own Christmas cards?

I want to make something crafty for our Christmas cards this year, something with paper but also fabric. I was thinking of sewing fabric to paper in a star design (it sounds hideous I am sure, but it'll be cute). I'm wondering if anyone makes their own Christmas cards? What do you do? How many do you make and how long does it take? I don't want to be making these puppies till Easter!

TwoBrownDogs

Asked by TwoBrownDogs at 11:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• I think it sounds lovely. I have made them before. I would choose a simple design and cut all the pieces first. And sew a few a day until you finish.

I haven't made them lately, but one year I stitched some little stocking shapes and used a stamp that looked like a mantel and stamped the card. I then stitched the stockings to the mantel. Super cute and it wasn't even that hard to do.

Have fun and happy crafting!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g478/DoveHigh/My%20Creativity/

see if you can view them, I hope I did it right! And let me know what you think of them!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Haha! Honestly, I'm a scrapbooker too, so I just use the paper and things I already have! I have paper, ribbon, stickers, markers, all that good stuff :)
    I even have a couple piece of paper that have stitching in them and its really pretty! I'm trying to upload some pictures to photobucket...if I do, I'll like so you can see!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I received a cricut for my bday in october and now im using to make our xmas cards.. also i printed mini prints of our family and alot of my son to put onto the cards.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No, I haven't. I buy them at Target when they are 90% off. So, it just cost me pennies.

It does sounds like a nice project though. =]
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We are going to have cardsmade that says Merry Christmas from our house to yours and they are going to have a picture of our old house which was our favorite ever (we lost it to forecloser) and have a sign that says the Jones family and a little street sign with our address on it.
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 2:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2010