I'm going to cut my sons hair for the first time, tomorrow on his 1st birthday...

When did you cut your childs hair for the first time? Were you slightly sad like me about it?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 11:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wanted to wait a year, but I had to trim it earlier (I think around 8 or 9 months), because it was getting down in his eyes. Yes, I was sad and the first time was upsetting for him too. I also didn't like that he looked so much older with it short, so I've been keeping it a little longer ever since. I've been having to trim his hair every few weeks or so since he was a year old, and now he's used to it and I'm better about keeping him entertained (or just doing a little at a time if it turns out to be a bad day to try).
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I got my son hair cut when he was 13 months. I was sad afterwards because he looked like a big boy and not my little baby anymore :( But I love it now he looks so handsome with a fresh cut. He cried like crazy the first time and still does but he i can tell he is getting use to it.
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 11:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My DD is 17 months old, and I have only trimmed her bangs. I will not be cutting the back of her hair until she is closer to 2 or so. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 11:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We have eight children and five of them are boys. One of our sons was in desperate need of a haircut when he was four months old, and the others have needed them between six and ten months. Our baby now is nine months and I am doing it soon. I can't handle it over the ears and down the neck, so I am glad to do it, but emotional about the milestone. I do love them clean cut. I think little boys are so handsome that way. I don't cut our daughters' hair until they are about six. I just keep it all one length for cute piggy and pony tails, and I'm not a fan of bangs on little girls. Make sure you take before and after pictures!
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 12:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• most my kids did not lose their hair till just before grade school
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2010