Moms who have kids that are 2-yrs apart.

My Husband & I have baby on the brain again- if we were to conceive this month or next the baby would be due right @ my sons 2nd Birthday..

How was it having two little ones? What was the hardest adjustment .....

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My kids are 23 months apart. It was an adjustment but you get it down pretty fast. You run to the store when dh is home, you work around the kids schedule. My dh actually had to go on a business trip when my baby was 2 weeks old and I was alone, no family, alone for a week with my kiddos. We managed and so will you. Good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am a stay at home mom of two little girls, ages 3 and 1 and I wish I had waited a little longer. My youngest is so demanding and my oldest suffers for it! Soon, she will be in preschool so hopefully i will be able to focus more on the house!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My girls are 20 months apart and my boys are 25 months apart. It was an adjustment, but I am happy they are that close in age. It really was not hat difficult after the first couple of weeks. Most 2 year olds are in that helpful, pleasing stage which made it easier. Good luck.
    takeadeepbreath

Answer by takeadeepbreath at 11:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My kids are 23 months apart also. I was scared to death with I found out I was pregnant, but it all turned out okay. Somedays get a little hectic and pumping was a little hard with my toddler all up on me "what doing mom?" "what doing mom?" Although I didn't plan it this way, I think it's good to have the kids this close together because they will entertain each other when they are older. My baby is 7 weeks old and I have already braved a road trip to another state alone with both of them. My suggestion is, if breastfeeding doesn't work for you...get back on coffee right away!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My kids are 2 years, 2 months apart. My daughter (the 2 year old) still needs a lot of attention. The hardest part is trying to keep her out of trouble and make her mind when I can't always get right up and make her do what I say. She also still needs to be comforted and cuddle, but sometimes that's impossible when she needs it because the baby is nursing or tired or sleeping on me. Giving her the time and attention that she still needs very much is difficult with a newborn.

It's not impossible. And there are happy moments. Like when she giggles at him and he giggles back and they do that back and forth for a while lol. Or when she begs me "Mommy, hold your bwudder!" I'm blessed with an easy baby this time around (daughter had colic), so that makes things easier, that he is content to lay on a blanket or sit in his swing for a while.

And housework. Keeping up after a 2yo with a baby is tough. But it's all worth it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I also want to add everything Ati said! ...That is my experience too.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my kids are 18 months apart and at firrst it was hard having 2 kids under 2 and both in diapers ugg but now its a breeze i dont have to worry about my older sons toys being to small for my younger son. i love having my kids this close even tho i did not plan it that way. i am planing on having a nother one sometime i have to try for my little girl i want lol
    Steph925

Answer by Steph925 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I HAVE FIVE KIDS 5,4,3,1,AND NEWBORN. AND ON TOP OF THAT I HAVE FOUR SON (THE OLDER ONES ARE BOYS) IT GETS DIFFICULT NO LIE AND FOR A WHILE THERE I WAS A SINGLE MOM BUT I WAS DETERMINED NOT TO BE HELD BACK IF U WANT THAT GO FOR IT AND THEY GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE THEM GROW UP TOGETHER AND THE PLUS FOR ME IS THEY WILL ALL BE GROWN WHEN I REACH MY FABULOUS FORTIES LOL (20,19,18,16,15)
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 12:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• THE HARDEST THING THOUGH IS IME FOR U AND SPOUSE AND THE OTHER CHILD DONT JUST DOTE ON THE BABY REMEMBER HIM TOO.
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 12:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We have eight children, and they are anywhere from 16 months to two years apart. Really, if I can handle it, ANYONE can! It is wonderful. Go for it and enjoy their closeness!
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 12:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2010