what are some fun/creative developmental ativites and games to play with my 1 year old twins?

goldfish09

Asked by goldfish09 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ring stackers, shape sorting buckets, blocks, large wooden puzzles with sound, and mine love the "gumball" machine where you pull the lever and the toy ball falls out of the bottom. I suggest buying 2 of some of the cheaper toys. My twins are now 18 mo old and tend to fight over things and want their own individual toys now. I hope the grow out of the "mine" stage soon.... ;)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Set up block towers and knock them over. You can count the blocks or name the colors as you are setting them up.

You can work on taking turns by sitting in the floor with them and rolling a big ball to one and then the other or having them roll it back and forth to each other.

Use different colored stacking cups to hide a small toy and ask them where it is.

Sing songs with hand motions.

Put them in their highchairs and let them fingerpaint with jello disolved in water.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my kids love playing with pots and pans, they also like on the bus where would move the chairs ride the bus
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2010