How Do You Get Over A Rape. It's been Twelve Years.

momca4

Asked by momca4 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Health

• counseling and support groups
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You don't get over it. You just learn to move on and live again. I was kidnapped and raped 16 years ago and there are still certain sights, sounds, and smells that bring me back to that awful time in my life, but I have learned how to calm myself and work my way through these times. Good luck and you'll be in my prayers.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I WAS ALSO A RAPED VICTIM IT TAKES TIME AND U NDERSTANDING THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER A VICTIM BUT A STRONGER PERSON FROM THIS YOU SHOULD TAKE BACK YOUR CONTROLLER BECAUSE AS LONG AS YOU ARE GREIVING OR FEELING DEPRESSED ABOUT THIS YOUR ABUSER HAS THE POWER SO TAKE THAT BACK AND I PROMISE YOU WILL GET BETTER THE COUSELING HELPS A LOT AND U DO NEED IT BUT FIRST LOOK IN THE MIRROR SAY I AM BEAUTIFUL AND I DIDNT DESERVE THIS BUT I WILL GIVE HIM OR HER NO MORE OF MY ENERGY OF HATE. AND DO IT EVERYDAY TILL YOU BELIEVE.
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 11:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Lots of extensive counseling. Possibly EMDR therapy, group therapy, etc. It's not going to be getting over it because you never will fully get over it. I think it will be learning to live with the trauma without it affecting your life so much.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was also, it's not really getting over it just learning to cope. Counseling was my answer, i hope you find yours.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was raped and never got over it and I've been dealing with it on my own. Its hard some days
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i was raped and i neva got ova it but ive dealt with it in counsling and im still dealing with it till this day..its good to have support and someone to talk to...

honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thank You All For Your Comment's
    momca4

Comment by momca4 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010