Would you say something?

My Dad's GF and my sister had a misunderstanding last week. Now, my sister doesn't have to like her, or hang out with her, but I think she's being a complete b*tch to her. GF was so upset she actually CRIED and said she felt so bad for the whole thing, but she was afraid she'd make things worse if she approached my sister to apologize. She didn't ask me to, but I told my sister she was really sorry for what happened because I thought she was genuinely sorry. I've been around her much more than my sister has, too. Now my BIL has a tacky Facebook status directed at and insulting my Dad's GF. Really? How is acting like little kids on FB going to solve any thing? My sister is a huge drama queen & I figured she was exaggerating when she told me what happened any way. Dad's GF was truly sorry and my sister is being so childish. Would you say some thing to your sister?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe your sister just doesn't like the fact that your Dad has a GF. She could have some kind of resentment towards her, but if she does, she shouldn't be taking it out on his GF. There is no justification for somebody acting so childish. Your sister should be apologizing to her instead. What did your Dad say about it?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I wouldn't get involved at all. Listen independently to each of them, but it's not your business to report on the other person unless specifically asked.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• YES I would the gf is willing to say she is sorry and your sister wants to fester in it.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would!! But I have found that a lot of people don't have a relationship with their sister life I have with mine. I will tell my sister how it is 100% of the time wether she likes it or not! And she will still love me afterward...it is like that both ways with us. If your relationship with your sister is good enough to get through it then yeah, tell her she is being immature and dramatic!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I sure would and I wouldn't be nice about it either, If I knew my sister was acting like a 12 year old I would call her out and not hold anything back.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 11:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Hearing you say that she is a drama queen I would say something and try ro help . But be careful drama queens have ways of turning on people for more attention. GOOD LUCK this could be hard.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 11:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes definitely but like karing4elmas said be careful and aware that she may turn on yu too
    goldfish09

Answer by goldfish09 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• What did the gf do? because honestly I would let my sister act how she wants, especially if someone wronged her, and I'd actually be right there by my sisters side being her rock. But then again, me and my sister are very close and if someone does something to hurt my sister in any way, it's like I have to stick up for my lil sis, just instinctual
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• GF thought my sister and her husband were arguing and yeah, she butted in and asked if there was a problem. HER mistake, she was being nosey and presumptuous. I love my sister and I will always be there for her. She can feel how she chooses to feel and I wouldn't ask her to fake it. I think in this instance that she is over reacting. There is no reason why every one can't just be grown ups and move on. I am not choosing sides here. GF didn't ask me to explain any thing, but I thought it would be a nice thing to do since I believed she didn't intend to start any thing. After hearing both sides of the story, either way, they both took things the wrong way. If my sister doesn't like her that's her business. I just think it's immature to post it on Facebook knowing full well GF will see it. There is no need for all this drama and to cause problems for my Dad when it was an innocent mistake.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2010