I am getting a puppy and heard about doing this so I got one...

I heard that puppies like those teddy bears that have the natural "womb" sounds...so I got one, it sounds like a heart beating in the womb! it is really neat so I am hoping the new little one really feels content with this...what do you think? good idea?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 12:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pets

• puppyYes, I used to keep an old type of wind up clock in with our puppy that ticked. She loved it. I am sure a womb bear will work great! And once she bonded with us, a "dirty" t-shirt was what she prefered to sleep on. Good luck and have fun!! :)

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have not heard of that, but what I do recommend if you are getting a pup from a litter, bring a blanket with you and rub it all over the mom and the litter mates so you can bring home scents of his family. It will help ease the transition.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Honestly, I'd be concerned that the puppy might chew it up. I went by the vet clinic I used to work at to visit yesterday and there was an 11 week old puppy hooked up to an IV. He had swallowed part of a stuffed dog toy and had to have exploratory surgery to have it removed.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• great idea! that will help out with the whining at night ..they didn't make those when i was little but we used an old clock..just put it in the pen with the puppy by its pillow and he was fine
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I love the idea of a blanket with the scent from it's liter and mom, I will ask the girl I'm getting the pup from to do this and the clock is a good idea if the bear doesn't work
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sounds like a good idea to me. I remember my mom putting a clock in with our puppy. I don't think it helped too much. Regretfully, puppies can be like babies and cry. Good luck. Have fun with the housebreaking. They are cute and cuddly and so worth all the effort.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• great idea.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 1:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2010