How can i justify aborting a down syndrome baby @ 15 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Religious Debate

• you can't....not in my opinion anyway
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• you really cant, but if you honestly in your heart dont think you can handle the difficulties with having a special needs child maybe it's better if you give him/her back to God. but search your heart and figure out what it is you want to really do.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• There is always adoption, some people request special needs children.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Thanks, i needed some feed back.. i want to try again to get pregnant but do not want to repeat the same sin. It's so scarry. My husband is saying try one more time, and i'm thinking i'm in my mid 40's, i should just give this up. But it would be amazing to have a baby too.... i am so confused right now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Do your research....many Down Syndrome parents feel keeping their child was the best decision ever...Downs children are so loving and shine such love and light into the lives of those around. Not to mention how sure are you that your baby has Downs? There are people out there that would also adopt your baby rather than getting rid of it because it isn't what you had planned. My child doesn't have downs but she does have a profound cognitive impairment and she is the biggest blessing ever.
    Duckylicious

Answer by Duckylicious at 12:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You can't. I don't understand why people think they shouldn't be allowed to live, like they would be living in misery their entire lives. Every person with Down's Syndrome that I have ever met, was rather happy to be alive. In fact, I think I can say that about every person I have ever known who was born with disabilities.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 12:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't know if you can. I think you just have to really look inside yourself for the strength you need for either decision. It's not a choice you can take back either way. But whatever the right choice is you shouldn't have to justify it, but be able to accept it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My cousin was told by her Dr. that she should abort because her baby was going to have downs. She wanted to have him anyways so she got a new Dr and had him. Turns out he didn't have downs or anything else. He was perfectly normal.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You can't
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't think you can either. You couldn't even begin to justify it. I don't know how accurate those tests are because I never allowed my Dr. to do them, but how can you honestly know at only 15 weeks? That doesn't seem right to me. If you haven't done it already- keep that baby. You will love that baby to no end, regardless of the difficulties. There are so many support groups and organizations out there too. Pray hard... God blessed you with that baby. You are blessed.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2010