Normal?

I was having a lots of cramping at 4 weeks 5 days. They did an ultrasound and couldn't see anything.... Not even a sac... Is that normal? My hcg levels were 370 on Tuesday and are now today 919. I've miscarried before.

K-RydesMommy

Asked by K-RydesMommy at 12:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your HCG levels doubled so that is a good sign. They didn't see a gestation sac with me until 5.5 weeks so it could be that you was still to early to see it. Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Also try drinking plenty of water to see if that helps. If the cramps get severe or you start bleeding then contact your doctor.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The sac is really tiny still. That's why they don't even bother with an u/s until about 8 weeks, usually. You can take Tylenol when the cramps get bad, but unfortunately, that's about it. Unless they're accompanied by bleeding (heavy), try not to fret too much. I know that's easier said than done after a miscarriage. Your hCG levels look great! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• its completely normal to not see the sac till around 7 weeks, its still really tiny. If your hcg levels are doing okay then i wouldnt worry quite yet, the more you worry and stress about it the more likely the bad news COULD happen. Take it easy and enjoy that you're pregnant!
    babystew

Answer by babystew at 1:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Those are good numbers!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It could be good thing that your numbers went up.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2010