What has your child ever done that stumped you on parenting and/or discipline?

Last week, my 4 yr old son and/or my 3 yr old daughter emptied the contents of their training potty into the soap compartment of our washing machine!(neither wants to admit to it, of course) I mean, how do you discipline for that??? I was mad, but what could I do? It had been 24 hrs before I noticed!
When people ask me if I work (they mean outside the home), I tell them "Oh yeah! I work alright! I don't get paid, but I work." No one told me being a mother would be such an adventure! :)

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 12:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I give your kids a lot of credit for being original!
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 12:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• LOL, that must've been fun to clean!
    I get SO tired of time outs for the same few things- screaming, jumping on the bed, hitting, etc. I think that sometimes, it's just like, I don't know what else to do. When they get out of time out, and go right back to doing it. Luckily, he DOES eventually stop, and he understands the purpose of time out. But man, these kids test your patience, and they always give you something new you NEVER expected. You find yourself saying sentences you could never have imagined before you had kids.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• They are NEVER short on ideas for how to make me say "What the H*LL were you thinking????!!!!" LOL
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have to agree!

My son informed me that the reason he is bad (after an entire day of fighting with him) is because his teacher told him that people who are good go to heaven and people who are bad stay on earth. In a 5 year olds eyes if he's bad he wont die, if he's good he will. I found out later that his teacher did not say this, he actually heard it from a kid in his Kindergarten class.
    JuneBug1985

Answer by JuneBug1985 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• "You find yourself saying sentences you could never have imagined before you had kids. "
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh yeah! And of course, I was an expert before I had kids, too. Weren't we all?
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I can think of two off the top of my head. Both happened when I was at work and dh was home with the kids. My dd put dish soap in the dishwasher once when she was trying to help dad out with chores,,,,came home to bubbles everywhere. My dd also locked daddy out of the house when she was about 2. He went outside in the backyard and she flipped up the lock switch....the more panicked he got the more hysterical she got. Oh my, good times, good times
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• a month ago we were at my husbands hunting shack which has sand in the back yard, my son walks inside and scoops out handfuls of sand onto the floor from his jacket pockets....I asked him to stop and what was he doing...he wanted to play with his trucks inside the shack and needed the dirt
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• wtwo..... LOL!!!
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• that's a new one on me.
    OliviaW.

Answer by OliviaW. at 9:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My son does crazy stuff like hides his daddy keys not so he will not leave but so he will leave us the truck so he can be above everyone.
    He hide crazy stuff in my husband briefcase like his underwear and my bra . I have not figured this one out yet but he does it like my husband has show and tell.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010