If the blood of Christ covers all sin and all is forgiven,

Then why the heck did child birth still hurt, and why do my cramps double me over? Why am I paying the price for Eve's sin when Christ has forgiven me?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I do not believe that pain in childbirth is "punishment". How could pushing a baby out you know where NOT be painful? It's not because of Eve's or anyone else's sin.

EmmaS4

Answer by EmmaS4 at 7:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Being forgiven doesn't mean you are free from the consequences of sin.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• micheledo- Eve committed the sin, so how is it fair for all of mankind kind to be punished because of the stupid decision of one woman? SHE should have the consequences since SHE committed the sin.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Because its nature, not punishment

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• because its not real. Its just a mythological story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• for all eternity? thats extreme and unusual punishment. Why worship a god like that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• that is really a great question i will have to add to my 1,001 wonders of why its so hard to become a Christian! lol
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• micheledo- Eve committed the sin, so how is it fair for all of mankind kind to be punished because of the stupid decision of one woman? SHE should have the consequences since SHE committed the sin. Answer by IhartU

So Adam and the serpent were innocent bystanders in all of this??  Oh, PLEASE!!  Eve was deceived just as much as Adam was.  Why are you so all-fired willing to accept this slanderous picture of women-kind?  Why are you so willing to be dominated and devalued for this mysogynistic fairy tale?  We are the embodiment of the divine feminine.  Why we allow religion to make us forget that I'll never know!

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• ITA w/ sweet & bandgeek. first, i dont believe A&E's story to be fact and the childbirth curse was to explain why it hurts women to have children. its a part of nature that ppl thousands of years ago put into this story to explain it...and make women out to be weak & in need of a man to watch her at all times cause shes apparently not smart enough alone.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• LOL! Great question!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010