can be a sahm make for laziness

I have my kids in school and it is too easy to go back to bed after i drop them off at school...not a whole lot gets done....

but the days I volunteer and and am out of the house all day...I seem to keep buzzing all night too....like today I worked 8 hours volunteering, went grocery shopping came home and felt a desire to deep clean.

the deep cleaning only happens on the days I am volunteering otherwise i nap and spend the day on here.

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Yes!! I was horribly lazy when i was a sahm because there was nothing to do an no one to talk to . Thank God I have a job now to keep me sane! I have to be busy busy to be happy.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Hmm I am not like that at all. I am going from the time that I wake up until the time I go to bed it doesn't matter what is going on in the day.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• With my health, there is times no matter what I do I can't get going. BUT I can't say that I am lazy, my hubby has to always tell me to go lay down, sit down or get on cm so I can rest. lol. I would go morning to night if I could.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 1:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Big time! I am lazy and I don't care. I do what is asked of me, play with my son, feed him, and I eagerly take a nap. Sometimes I go back to sleep after dropping them off. Depends on how much sleep I had. I can't do too much volunteering because the school won't let siblings come along. I start working at the end of the month so I am going to enjoy being lazy a little longer.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Its because you get up and get the blood pumping when you volunteer. If you just take the kids to school and come home you arent getting the blood flowing. I do it, I was taught at a young age to get up and get the blood pumping to wake up and get things done.
    JuneBug1985

Answer by JuneBug1985 at 1:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• ...you know what youre right. on the days i have school im more productive than the days i dont. on the days i dont i rarely get out of my PJs but honestly i think we are deviations from the norm ;)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Its normal.. I go through about the same everyday lol
    PjsMommy06

Answer by PjsMommy06 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I do have some "down days" (more over the past few months, because I have been sick - pneumonia, then a sinus infection, among other things). But, for the most part, I'm pretty busy. I do a lot of volunteering, so I'm either out and about doing that, or if I'm not, I'm at home getting caught up on the things that didn't get done while I was volunteering.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i have days were i do come home and lay on the couch and just veg out till its time to pick up my older two. those day s i am usually sick or its that time of the month (first 3 days are similar to hell for me). but normally i am moving all day, but i always get up and get dressed with my girls before they go to school so i dont want to go lay down after im dressed.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think its a womans choice to go to bed while their children are in school. I am a stay at home mom, and NEVER nap! do I have days where I wish I could? yes, yes I do, but do i? no... I think its whether or not you have the ambition to get up and go.. some people need to keep busy outside of the home, or they get bored. You sound like the woman that has to be up and out to keep motivated, and since you found your nac, super! :)
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 11:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2010