Is it too early to start showing at 5 weeks?

I got my BFP on my HPT on oct 19, my LMP was sept 26, that puts my due date July 3 and I'm 6 almost 7 weeks along right now. I swear i started showing around my 4-5 week mark, it might have just been bloating, but i for sure have a baby bump now, and it goes past my hip bones (i have been really ill the last 2 years, causing me to lose tons of weight, i am medically anorexic-not by choice, i cant keep food down). I dont see the dr for a few more weeks, so i have no idea if this is normal or not. This is my 3rd pregnancy, but my second only went to 20 weeks and the baby was only the size of 15 weeks, so i hardly showed, i show more now then i did at all with that pregnancy. Is it possible i'm farther along then i thought, or that i might have twins, or is it just because i started my pregnancy so skinny?

babystew

Asked by babystew at 1:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would guess it is because you started out on the skinny side.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• if youre showing that early its because youre bloated. im very sorry about your last pregancy :( i think its a combination of bloat and being very thin
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• yeah i agree its most likely cause of you being very small... I am a small person and i am 13 weeks and i start showing about 8 weeks i dont have a big baby bump but you can tell i am
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It is probably due to bloating and also because you're skinny, but if you don't know already know yet then I think twins would also be a possibility. Each pregnancy will be different. Hope it all goes ok for you, good luck mama :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 4:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• wait a minute...I am totally lost here! I just seen my obgyn last wk. I am only beginning my 5th wk. she said my baby is basically the size of a pea, if that. so how on earth can anyone be showing so early on?? I undestand bloating and all...the uterus expanding and all, but actually showing...a baby bump...I don't get it! I have always been told by drs. that a woman begins showing at 3 months. You ladies are confusing the heck out of me!!!
    justplainhappy

Answer by justplainhappy at 9:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• and to the woman who asked the question...I am very sorry about your illness and I wish you and your little one all the best!
    justplainhappy

Answer by justplainhappy at 9:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I started showing at 8 weeks too.you might have been showing.Thinner women usually show early.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 11:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I will go with the possibility of you showing early as well. I was under weight when I got pregnant and i was showing considerably by the time I hit my nine week mark with my second child. I did some research on it and i read on a few things that said if you have been pregnant before then you have a good chance of showing early because you muscles are stretched already and the same with feeling them move earlier to. I felt my son swimming at 3 months.. But who know it very well could be twins. You will just have to wait it out till you get and ultrasound to be sure. good luck to you guys.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• it just depends on the woman i guess i have no idea how i started showing
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2010