do most men cheat if the are given the opportunity or the situation arises?

i have heard alot of women say that most men would cheat if they get the opportunity to do so. and it has absolutely nothing to do with the love they have for their wives or girlfriends its just how their brain works and the testosterone. i heard its how they compartmentalize stuff in their brains. they could cheat on their wife/gf and have no feelings at all for the chick on the side but they just had to fuck her cause she looked good. opinions guys??

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• well i have full faith that my husband would never cheat even if the opportunity arose because i know in my heart he loves he with all he has. my personal opinion is that a man cheats only if he is weak willed, because most men feel very guilty for cheating on their spouses. so no, i dont agree with that :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think it depends on the man.. I've been with guys who got offers from way hotter chicks than me but never took them up on because they felt thats not right.. Flipside to this is, I have seen guys look for someone to cheat with and guys cheat when its offered.. It's all about freewill and what they feel is acceptable..
    Jordi_Girl

Answer by Jordi_Girl at 1:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Honestly I think its a self-esteem/power issue. Men that cheat think they're hot shit for getting a girl to screw him. Like it's that hard? Faithful men have what they want and know they don't need anything else.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i think that's bullshit my man that i have been with for 6 years has had so many different opportunity to cheat on me and he hasn't
    he has even told me about females offering sex and all that slutty shit they do and he has never cheated he even took me to work one day to prove to me the way females just throw them self at him
    i believe the men that cheat on there gf/wifes to me just don't really love them they might care but not truly love them
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I disagree with that. I have faith in DH that even if there was no way I'd ever find out, he would remain faithful, and I can say that about a lot of men I know. Not all, but many. There are definitely guys, as well all know, who would (or do) cheat if given the chance. But I don't think it's fair to say that's the rule, not the exception.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• not All of them , yesterday i saw a movie of Meg Ryan , a woman that hs been cheated by her HB ..and i was thinking how some of them ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID and Meaaaaaan ... how could they hurt the heart that love them most .... just cause they thought they 'r more intelligent and there wifes couldn't figure-out and they'r sooooo wrong on that one

caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 1:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• wow caramell i was so confused with what you said because to my understanding meg was the unfaithful one when she left Dennis Quaid for Russel Crowe but i wikipedia'd it and wikipedia reports that Dennis was unfaithful to meg for some time before the divorce so youre right. i love meg ryan how could anyone cheat on her :
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Well my man would never cheat on me nor would the thought ever cross his mind. I thnk that men that do cheat on the SO/Wives/GF they have all the brain control they just choose to be dirty dick heads.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:36 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My husband and I have been married for 26 years and dated for 4 years before that. He goes on many trips alone and has never once cheated. He would never jeporadise our relationship. So no not all men are like that. I can only speak for my man.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2010