Cycle Days

I need someone familiar and experienced with cycle days to help me out... hope this isn't too confusing...

I have a pretty consistent 28-29 cycle lenght. I take opk tests, and they have been positive on day 15 for the past 3 months. We have intercourse on day 12, 14, 15, 16, 18. Are these good/correct/enough???

Thank you for your help. We are now entering 7 months of ttc, and getting pretty impatient.

isabellem

Asked by isabellem at 1:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You can use the website fertilityfriend.com and track your cm, your temps, your cycles everything and I think it's very accurate when it tells you you most likely ovulated. I think what you're doing sounds fine. But, remember there are many reasons why you may not be concieving. I think the statistic is %80 of couples get pregnant the first year of trying. My advice is to stop thinking about it! Have fun. Don't even think about the days. Get yourself psyched for sex, you know what I mean? Stop trying and I'm sure it will happen faster than you think. Good luck!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would try every day.. It cant hurt anything, and it possibly gives you a better chance
    PjsMommy06

Answer by PjsMommy06 at 1:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Every day of the month?? We are too old for that! lol Not gonna happen physically...
    isabellem

Comment by isabellem (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• That is probably fine but I would start charting instead of using OPKs since they can be inaccurate. Then you will know exactly when you ovulate and what days are most fertile to maximize your chances.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• NO! Do not do every day! (Don't do 14,15 and 16 either) When you do every day in a row like that, you actually deplete your husband's sperm and it hinders fertility. You can choose odd days or even days, but DO EVERY OTHER DAY!! (9, 11, 13, 15 or 10, 12, 14, 16) Now, that being said, at the point of that schedule that you know you are about to ovulate when checking your fluids that will be the consistency of egg whites and slippery, you can have sex on that day as well. If you are on any fertility drug like Clomid, make sure you take an OTC Expectorant (NOT Decongestant) to increase your fluids while TTC. GL!! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2010