Would you be able to?

I was watching some show on (I believe) TLC last night about "Unfaithful women" (could have been about unfaithful people period, but last night they only showed women), and there was one woman who cheated on her husband and got pregnant. She was Chinese American and so was her husband...her boyfriend (whom she had dated before she even met DH) was black....She didn't know who the father was and never told DH that she had had an affair...until the baby was born and then it was obvious! DH ended up taking her back, but said he couldn't deal with raising the child (not that I blame him), so she gave the baby up for adoption (an open adoption). Could you do that? I love my husband more than life itself, but I don't think I could give away my child for him. (I would also never cheat on my DH, but that's not the point...)

HaydensMama07

Asked by HaydensMama07 at 1:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I just find it odd that she didn't care about her husband enough to be faithful to him, yet she was willing to give up her child for him. Hmm.

I'd never find myself in that situation either, but I don't think I could give my baby up. If he was going to take me back he'd be taking me and everything that came with it too!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'm with you jessi! If he was willing to take her back, then he needed to accept who she was NOW...not who she was THEN. After she had the baby, she went to tell her BF that he now had a son...and his PREGNANT WIFE answered the door! (She and the wife were both in shock) As she was talking to the wife, the baby's father was walking up the stairs and acted like he didn't even know who she was! He completely denied everything! I wonder if him and his wife are still together........
    HaydensMama07

Comment by HaydensMama07 (original poster) at 2:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• your child should be first in your life no matter what, her husband would need time to forgive her if he did he should stick by her side whether be his kid or not or just leave her for cheating, but that baby is hers she should of kept the baby! i would never cheat on my hubby but if it were me i would keep MY child he would live with it or leave that simple!
    THANKGOD4MOMS

Answer by THANKGOD4MOMS at 2:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No I couldnt give up my child so that would be the end of that marriage
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 8:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I am blessed that I was never in a postition where I had to consider adoption. I would like to think I could do it if I felt is was the best for the baby, but in this case..by by DH..I am not giving up my child for any man.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Nope - no matter if pink, purple or otherwise.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010