My 4 yr old son seems to be playing with his penis any chance he gets. Should I be worried???

This just started happening alot about 2 weeks ago.

KristiKyler

Asked by KristiKyler at 2:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• NO! It feels good, so he does it. It's not a sexual thing. Wait 10 years, and see how it's going then! LOL You'll never be able to get him out of the bathroom!
    Just teach him that it's something to be done in private, ALONE, in his room (or wherever), and to WASH HIS HANDS afterward. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Calling TROLL! Brand new profile.....1st question....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• anon - you are the troll.. just because someone is a new member you dont have to be mean?!? all men play with themselves all the time they can... dont worry. just teach him to not do it in front of people.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'd say don't worry, all boys do it, my son, my Gr-son both did it and eventually they stopped. Just something little boys do.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No, it's his new toy. He'll get past it. No worries.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My brothers always had there hands in there pants... lol Boys will be boys...But anyways I agree with the other posters to let him know tht is a private thing...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 12:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Mine does this and always has. I've never worried about it much.
    tCzarn2

Answer by tCzarn2 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• dont worry its natural girls an boys both do it..exploring the body is natural for them to do..just talk to him bout what,how,and why it should and shouldnt be done..personally we all do it at some point in our life..wether we are a sleep or awake..just make sure he is the only person who should be touching it..with the exception of u or doctors..
    also just let him know ithere is a time an place that things like this should be done..not in front of others is a no,no..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Nothing wrong with this...boys do it all the time.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Absolutely not. Children are genuinely curious about themselves.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:45 PM on Nov. 18, 2010