How do I find out if there's been messed with a picture? (Photoshop)

Do you know clues I have to look ofr or do you know a website or a geek I can ask?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Save the photo to your computer, then go to Tineye Reverse Search, then you can download the photo and it will show you, most of the time, if it is somewhere on the internet, and you can see if it's been changed. Hope this helps.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I've never done it personally but each photo online has EXIF data, and there is a way to view that data and it will tell you if it was photoshopped or not......

Oddly enough the only reason I know this and have seen exif data is I'm on the Ghost Hunters webpage from time ti time and members there looking at other members pics to debunk often bring up the exif data to prove whether it's a faked image.

So just look online at how to bring up the exif data of an image, I believe it's as simple asa right click and selecting something
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'm not totally understanding, you want to know if a pic is real, stolen or had something done to it with photoshop? With more info I might be able to help. Do you mean just editing or something different?
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Im lost on what your asking also.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Oh, sorry.... Um, I meant ... How do I know if a photo is genuine and not edited. Things being added or taken away. Like a cat-head on a dog's body or something. (Okay, this one is pretty obvious. lol)
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 5:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010