Would you have said something?

Yesterday after I picked my teenage daughter from school, we were comming down the street that runs right in front of the school when I heard this man absolutely screeming at this young girl crossing the street. When I say "screeming" I mean all you could hear was this nasty man yelling at the top of his lungs calling her a "f****N bitch!" I could not believe a grown man would behave like that. That poor girl was mortified! It all happened so fast , I wish I could have one of those "do overs" I'd RIP HIM A NEW ONE!" Are you the type that would have stopped and told his worthless ass off?

anichols1

Asked by anichols1 at 6:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in

• Hope I would but not sure...... A few years ago I was in Target and a man was chewing on his wife, loud, cussing, embarrassing her, causing quite a scene and she just stood there and looked down at the floor. I felt brave and angry at his behavior so I walked over and touched her arm and asked her if she was OK? She said No and i asked her to walk away with me, we walked away and he was screaming, I found the manager and asked him to call 911 and he said they were on there way. She was so frightened by his behavior and feared for what he would do when they got home. Police took him away, police talked to her and advised her to place a restraining order and to get away from this man. She was so afraid and such fear was all over her. Have thought of her many times and pray she is well and safe and know longer being emotionally abused. This guy is a sicko and the child needs protecting.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I am more of the type that actions speak louder than words, and kindness kills. So I would have given him one of those have you lost your mind looks, and asked him really sir was speaking to that young lady really called for like that. Does it make you feel more of a man or better about yourself? If he had of then gotten loud with me, That's when I would have broke bad on his butt, and made him feel like the worthless piece of womanizing crap he is..
    mommommomomom

Answer by mommommomomom at 9:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I wish I was also! That would've totally pissed me off!! You don't talk to a child like that!!!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I probably would have yelled....."Hey...she is not the F--N Bitch shouting like a lunatic at a CHILD in public! Get a GRIP there buddy!"
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 9:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I wish I was, but I have to say I wouldn't. I'd probably go and check the girl was okay to see what had happened, but other than that I don't think I'd've got involved. He sounds unstable.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't believe in cussing at kids. It is ugly & it makes the adult/parent ugly & immature.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• ohh yep , i will call him bitch as well
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 7:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would have stepped up. Im not saying my kids havent pissed me off but I would never scream at them.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No. Thats all you would need is two adults cussing at each other across the street. I would let it go and just feel sorry for the type of person he is that would do something like that in the first place.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No, but I would have checked on the girl to make sure she was ok.
    Donna2468403

Answer by Donna2468403 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2010