I hate sleeping alone...

...When my DH is in the house. I have a terrible time staying asleep. Last night I had no choice. I was talking to him and he kept telling me I was wrong. (I was discussing how much houework I do and how it was annoying that he was complaining he had to put the laundry up when I washed and folded it by myself) so I just shut up and he was laying next to me and said that he wished so badly that he didn't have to sleep in the same bed as me. It's not the first time he's said this to me and usually I cry and he gets pissed. But I said "fine, you don't have to sleep with me." and left the bed. He fell soundly to sleep. I know he is wrong but it hurts a lot to sleep alone and be tossed aside when I know his warm body is there to comfort me. But he won't. He'll say he is sorry today, maybe. But my heart feels broken. I am tired and I am not sure how much more I can take.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• My DH used to be like that. He still has tendencies to be an ass like that, but things are much better. I hope yours will just grow up like mine did. Good luck to you!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I hate it too but sometimes when DH & I have a bad day or night I'll tell him to go sleep in the other room or on the couch.. I would rather that then argue all night.. &normally the next morning he's fine.. But I hope y'all get better..
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 7:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• How long have you been married? How old are you guys? We've been married 5 1/2 years and he's finally recognizing all that I do. Maybe in anothe 5 1/2 years he'll actually start to help out without being asked. Just be patient, he'll grow up eventually. Just keep the lines of communication open, this is just a small bump in the road, you'll get through it.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2010