Have you ever had to peform CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) on somebody or use one of these AEDs (automated external defibrillator)?

I took a class about that subject last night. In fact I had to. Once every 2 years the diploma needs to be renewed. So I'm all up to date and feel all prepared and confident if somebody should drop on the floor in front of me.
I never had to do it yet, and hopefully never will. BUt when I do, I hope I don't think and just act. It's a scary thing.
Have you ever done it? Want to share what happened? How did you feel? Did you get to know what happened to the person?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Health

• Yeah, I've been a nurse for 30 years. I've done it on 2 adults and one baby in a hospital setting. The baby survived.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I just took the class a couple weeks ago...it is all too much! I really hope I never have to use it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I did on my clinicals. He died. You do what you can do, it isn't always successful. :/
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 6:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Thankfully I have never had to do either one. I hope if I ever have to use and AED my hubs would be with-- as his company makes them and he is so used to handling them he could do it in his sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2010