What do you usually do with your kids for the holidays?

Anything that you udo every year during the holiday season?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 7:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• We make candy every year and have special finger food for dinner the night we decorate the tree (this is something we did when I was a little girl and I loved it). We have a few places we always go to see the lights and we go watch the Christmas parade (we invite my grandma and my parents if they are in town) and then go back to our house for homemade cookies, hot cocoa and apple cider. We have another tradition, but it's not really "holiday". Since we homeschool we can work right through the public school's snow days - after all, we are already at school. But, on the first snow of the year we have our own Snow Day. We make hot cocoa, out on layers of clothes and play in the snow, then come back and dry off and put on our nice warm pjs (that run in the dryer while we are outside) and enjoy the special magic that comes with the first snow of the year.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• every year on new years day we head up in to the mountains and play in the snow
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 7:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We've got a number of traditions: we cut our tree down as a family, we visit our local zoo for their Festival of Lights, we take one evening to go ice skating, bake cookies, decorate the house and tree together, and take at least one day to volunteer at our local food pantry.

We also travel to visit family for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We go see the lights display at the zoo over a million lights. We get hot chocolate, and warm cinnamon almonds to munch as we walk through. We decorate our house inside and out, and bake til we have no room left. My kids and I love love love the holidays.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• In the past we have gone though one of those light displays. It was fun.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We always do crafts and go have breakfast with Santa. We also go out and drive around looking at all the pretty lights.
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 2:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Omg. All of these sound awesome! I am looking for some family traditions to instill in my family!
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2010