Do you think 32 weeks is too soon to give a two week notice???

I am 31 weeks pregnant now but by next week I was going to give my two weeks notice....I am a studio manager for a family portrait studio my job is very demanding at this time of year and I just feel as though I am not up for the challenge right now...I have been working since day 1 of my pregnancy but have had complications along the way heart problems, asthma attacks, and now a massive lung infection...I do not get maternity leave since I have not been with the company long enough so I would have to quit and then get rehired...My husband says it is too soon but if I give my two weeks then I will be 34 weeks when I leave...I just want to have some time to nest before the baby comes right now I barely have time to do my own laundry how am I ever going to make time to get things ready

lazo060109

Asked by lazo060109 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If it feels like it is time for you to really stay off your feet and relax more then I say go for it. Atleast your thinking ahead and being unselfish. Staying at your job longer than you think you should could put them in a bind if something happens all of the sudden and you've got to rush to L&D earlier than expected! If it were me i'd probably wait until 36 or 37 weeks, but that is only because I have a history of very healthy long lasting pregnancies..those babies didn't want to come out for nothing lol But you could be different
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I dont think it is to early. I would go ahead and do it. It sounds like you need to rest up for the big job that is ahead of you. I would just be clear with your job that you do want to come back at some point so you don't burn that bridge ya know. Good luck sweetie and take care of your self and that baby!
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 8:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would consult you OB sine you have been having complications. They should be able to give you a good idea as to when you needs to step down. In a complication free pregnancy it is only to work until you deliver.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Thank you ladies so much for your advice I will take into consideration everything that was said and try to come up with a conclusion. I appreciate all of your help.
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 8:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'm sure you've been dreading going to work for a while now, even giving yourself another week to stay was awesome in my opinion. If you have a feeling that you may go full term I would TRY to wait it out until 34 weeks along to put in your two weeks, that way you have anywhere from 1-4 weeks to get everything ready. First babies especially tend to take their time with wanting to come out. I've heard the best way to "predict" your labor is to go off of your mother's. My mom...well she delivers a little early, but has VERY long labors *sigh*. Good luck hon <3
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:46 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Do whats best for you and they baby.You know how you feel so i say do what your bodies telling you.If your tired and need a break take one! congrats on your little bundle of joy!
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2010