What didn't you know.....

before you became a parent? I'm finding out so much being a parent. Example: I didn't know that it was possible to fit a dried apple slice in a toddlers ear.

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 8:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had no idea you needed so many twin sheets. Even with pull ups,,,, they leak all the time anyway!
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I learned that once you have children, there goes the sleep! lol
    lilcutiepie2578

Answer by lilcutiepie2578 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• LOL!!
    i'd forgotten just exactly how black and white the world actually is..they are so literal, especially when they are young. they ''call 'em like they see 'em'', KWIM?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• With five, a lot...Oldest son who is now 23 taught me that normal is an unreal term..he is inatintive ADD and everything he did had to be color coded to help him stay organized...Matthew 19 taught me that you can be born with an "old" spirit...Michael 12 taught me that everything doesn't have to get done in a day...Joseph taught me God works in wonderous ways, his twin died and against the odds he is here and loving beyond belief....Savannah 3, taught me that when you least expect it God just puts a cherry on the top...Granddaughter Kerianha 2, is the sprinkles....they (doctors) told us that after Matthew we would NEVER have more children...God saw to take 3 and we will see them with His return and He allows us to love the ones He gave...and spirits of ammonia will stop ant bites from festering...
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I learned that babies don't actually sleep...EVER!!!! Lol
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 10:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• That it is okay to admit that you can't handle your own child people will think you are crazy but realize that your bless child has tired you out. I never knew that kids actually can be put on a schedule to help you cope.

karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• That I would develop the instinct to catch vomit in my bare hands lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010