Why do people cut the tags off of children's clothes?

Really, I want to know. I am going through a mixed lot clothes that were given to me by friends and about half of the tags are cut off. How am I suppose to know what size they are? Should I store them for later, put them in the closet for now, or put them in the too small bin?

Don't the tag cutters realize how frustrating this is??

bryncalyn

Asked by bryncalyn at 9:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• because the tag itches

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I had to do that for one of my sons because the smallest tag rubbing on the back of his neck drove him crazy!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Because it's more comfy. DD complains about the tags a lot, so i cut them off. When given hand-me-downs, i rarely look at the size. I can tell just by looking at it if it's going to fit her or not. Same with thrift stores.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• They cut the tags for the kids to stop saying this itches mommy fix it .. The tag is a problem for some kids and moms just take that problem and cut it out.. sort the cloths in to pills that you think are about average to be the same size smallest to largest try the smallest on if it is to small send it on to someone else that might fit it if it is to big bag it and trust me use it..IF it is good clothes. I use clothse that others give me or bought at a second hand store so far my oldest is about 6 and I have spent money on special clothes like for school this year and jackest .. THat is it so thanks to all those people whom pass on clothes.. It truly helps..
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 9:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The tags irritate the kids back. Just try the clothes on your kid and see if it fits.
    mommommomomom

Answer by mommommomomom at 9:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My 5 year old has always hated tags on his clothes. He says that they hurt his neck.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I never look at the tags, I don't clothe my children by a set size - I go by fit & look, always have. If I went by what the tag said, my son would have been busting out of clothes from 6 months to 2 years - he was wearing some 18 month stuff at 6 months, because that's what fit him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i cut the tags because they ITCH!!! they are so annoying... you should try hanging them in the closet. then you could see and compare the sizes. often a 6M from one store is a completely different size than a 6M from another store so the labels and tags are very useless. it is all about how big the outfit really is... hanging them makes it easier to compare. and kids hangers are very cheap (esp at target) sorry about us tag-cutters.... but i woudlnt stop for anything. i hate tags!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I hate when the tags are cut out too, however, my daughter FREAKS out if there is a tag on something, makes me nuts. It itches her neck, sigh.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I had to do it for my son because it bothers him. Now not sure why on baby clothes though
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 9:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2010