• In the Spotlight:

I am LOST!

Dose anyone feel lost when they are up on and off with baby all night. Like the next day you feel you just want to crawl into bed and cry..But you cannot you have a house to clean but here I sit on the computer.. Hello why am I not up cleanning?? Baby is playing on the floor and it just feels good to relax for a min .
How do you relax for a min so you can jump up and clean the hous like you have been cleaning all day..So hubby thinks you are amazzing when he comes home..What is a quick GOOD to the tummy meal that is like you cooked all day but really did not..??

mamagator

Asked by mamagator at 9:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know what you mean. I also was up all night with a sick baby. If your house isn't too bad, do a good hour cleaning and take a nap when baby does. Tonight we are having Tacos for dinner, quick, easy and everyone here loves them. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Why do you have to be amazing?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• From my experiences..this stage is by far the easiest to get things done. They sleep so often that it makes it easier to make a schedule. What I would do with my son is the first nap of the day (I consider this to be any nap after 6:30am) I would sleep with him. Then, wake up, feed him, have cuddle time, and then take the time to get a chore done, or however many I can pack into that time. Before you know it, it's feeding time again so I repeat the process. This repeats all day pretty much. As for meals, I made good use of my crock pot!! lol There are tons of easy crock pot recipes you can find and just let them cook themselves all day long. It takes a while to get into the swing of things and figure out what works best for you but once you do you will find it much easier to get through your days
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Relaxing for a minute is fine....staying on the computer all day is not. It sounds like you might have a touch of depression, certainly just tired from lack of sleep. Try taking a nap with the little one in the afternoon. Look into some crockpot recipes. You might also want to try cooking 2-3 meals on a Saturday afternoon, that you can freeze. Pop them in the oven when needed and dinner is done.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Don't have to be amazing just like to be especially on Fridaynights...!!
    mamagator

Comment by mamagator (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't "clean" every room everyday-I used to though. I clean one or two rooms a day, and straighten the rest. I keep my DD and I in one room, so I just have to pick up one room.
    A quick and easy dinner is baked herbed chicken with baked potatoes, or rice and corn or some other veggie. Make sure you have extra chicken, cause the next day, or the day after, you can cut up the chicken, make a stir fry, add it to black beans and rice, or even make a shish-kabob.
    Livv066

Answer by Livv066 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• first baby? it's been my experience that once the kids start coming the house never looks quite as great as it used to.

as for the quick meals, do you like meat loaf? you just throw the stuff in a bowl then put it in the oven and let it cook itself.
    another that I do is chicken quarters. Just throw them in a pan, then in the oven. stuffing or instant rice that all but cooks itself is a good side dish
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I breastfed so I had to be there every hour thirty to 3 hours so I did mini chores and straighten up. I that really needed attention was the laundry and kitchen after meals. I found a few mothers from my church that helped me slim down my house to things that were easier to maintian but still nice looking. That way I was not dusting every day but doing lite wiping every week. I clean the bathroom 3 -4 times a week and just sprayed Tilex between showers.

CROCK pots are your best friend on the food tip.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Crock Pot, womans best friend. good home cookin, little prep and less work.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010