• In the Spotlight:

When I sleep on one side I get nauseous but not the other. Is this normal?

I noticed it last night and again this morning. I usually sleep on my left side but when I do, I start feeling really sick, however, when I turn onto my right, I'm fine. What could this be? Is it normal? I'm 6 1/2 weeks pregnant.

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 9:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your stomach is on the left side so I guess it could make a difference in some people... I don't remember making a note of that.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Are you having morning sickness?(AKA any time of the day sickness) It could be part of that.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I had a prolapsed uterus and I slept on my belly. My DH would push me and tell me I was lying on the baby. After 2 babies, my new doctor (OB/GYN) told me I would not be able to carry a baby to full term because my uterus was prolapsed (flipped toward my back, lying wrong) When I told him I already had 2, he said I must have slept on my stomach. So who is too say what's normal? Sleep on the side that doesn't hurt and ask you OB at the next visit.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yeah I have extreme morning sickness aliceinlove ALL DAY lol
    Dark-N-Prego

Comment by Dark-N-Prego (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2010