Anyone here suffer from "vasovagal syncope"?

Wondering how you avoid the fainting spells. I suffer from this whenever my body is in severe pain, I faint. Usually starts with a severe stomach ache and then when I'm having a BM. Happened to me last night. I tried what my doctor told me, breathing exercises while sitting on the toilet. But it didn't work. I woke up on my bathroom floor!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 9:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Health

• The main way to avoid vasovagal syncope is to reduce your stress levels. Also, make sure you're getting sufficient fiber, water and exercise so that you can avoid straining when having a BM, as the act of straining will stimulate the vagus nerve.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Have you tried a natural supplement such as St. John's Wort or Valerian root to ease your stress levels and calm you? The St. john's Wort helps with anxiety and depression which can be commonly associated with stress. the Valerian root supplement helps to calm your nerves and help you relax (but it can make you drousy as well).
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2010