Does your child have ADHD and sleep trouble?

Thank you Melatonin!

Someone asked a question about if it was okay to give this to your kid (per their doctors reccomendation) if they have ADHD to help them sleep.... THANK YOU ! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

After reading that recomendation and speaking to her pediatrician, I did this for my 3 1/2 yr old daughter last night and she SLEPT! I cut it in fourths and smashed it before giving it to her to make it easier to take... she did not flop around all night like she usually does (so loud I get woken up), she did not whine and complain all night long about not being able to sleep or anything!

YAY!

If your child has ADHD and sleep trouble... have you tried this or ever heard of doing this before?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DS has Asperger's w/ ADHD tendencies. His ped recommended it to him. He took 2 mg. for a few months and then we weaned him off. He is now , most nights, able to get himself to sleep. It is a good tool but not necessarily a solution. IMO.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My DD doesn't have this, but I personally take it so that I can get a restful nights sleep. Congrats and keep up the gook work and maybe if she sleeps better her behavior will improve as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• wait..they have already diagnosed your child with ADHD??? PLEASE PLEASE be careful of that...as an educator I am having a REALLY difficult time stomaching that. That is WAY too early...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• im not bashing but 3yr olds are suppose to bounce off the walls. im glad she is sleepin better but please be careful givin her meds at her age.
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• They haven't actually done the tests but agree that she is and we will test when she is able to understand the testing process.

She is awake at about 6-7 am every day, only takes a 10-15 minute nap, and then doesn't want to go to sleep even at midnight or beyond. She doesn't get sweets and stuff that would make her like she is, she never stops, she runs, jumps, skips, hops, etc. Her mind goes faster than her mouth, etc.

Trust me... I know a regular child and a hyperactive one and one with ADHD.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010