Do you have a large deer population in your area this year?

We do! Even our parks are filled with them. We love walking in the woods and being so close to nature...and taking photos.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 9:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes!! I am in Central Nebraska and they are everywhere!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 10:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Surprisingly no! Any other year we would've seen loads by now, but we really haven't seen many! Probably a good thing though, normally when I see them they're running out in front of my car!!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Here in NC, yes we always have tons of them. I hate that they eat my flowers! And I'm always worried about running into them with my car. Our neighborhood is talking about ways to "thin the herd" but no good ideas yet. (We are outside city limits so there's no law against shooting them, but so many kids live in our neighborhood it wouldn't be a great idea)

Answer by missanc at 10:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No
    tretresmom

Answer by tretresmom at 10:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• If you have trouble with them nibbling your plants, place slivers or shavings of bar soap in a little piece of cloth and tie it to the plant, they will leave them alone.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'm not sure what the numbers say. I've seen fewer than normal, but it's also mating season so they stay away from the roads a little more...I guess we'll find out when DH takes some guys out hunting!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I keep seeing them dead on the side of the road so I am gonna say yeah.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We have tons here in MN. Though the past week I haven't seen a whole lot since Deer Hunting started.
    Rosalie30

Answer by Rosalie30 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'm in PA and at the of my road (like 1/4 mile away), there's a huge field and every night we see 7-10 just in that field. It's very rural here and a perfect place for animals to live. We see lots of other little creatures too. I swear a pheasant tried to commit suicide one day by running right out in front of my car. We have to drive very cautiously, especially in the winter. For some reason, they feel the need to stand in the middle of the road during the winter.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes, but now they've finally stopped eating the garden.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2010