How do you get the smell of Dog urine out of your carpets?

I had a dog that was really old, he got to the point that he could not hold his urine. We tried diapers but he would rip them off, he would only pee in one spot in front of my desk in the office. I have shampooed the carpet in that area like 10 times and you can still smell it. What should I do?

mommommomomom

Asked by mommommomomom at 9:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pets

• normally my rughdoctor and their products get it out for me and Ive also let my sil use it when a cat peed on her couch
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 9:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Eww...good luck with that! I would rip the carpet up, use some Kilz, and put new carpet down!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 10:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I have 3 dogs and 2 puppies - I forgot how long it takes to potty train puppies!!! I love Sol-U-Mel - I dilute it in a spray bottle and spray it on the accident (after I absorb what I can with a cloth or paper towel) the stain and the odor come out! It's reasonable and all natural.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Unfortunately, you might have to put down new carpet. :(:)
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The Dog Whisperer has this spray that has lemongrass in it...it works really good and smells great. I got it at Publix.
    LogansMamma0511

Answer by LogansMamma0511 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• oxy clean works pretty good
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 10:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'll say try Arm & Hammer Pet Carpet Freshner & see if that will work.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• According the the "Queen of Clean" ( I Love her!!): Neutralize pet urine odor with diluted white vinegar (25 percent vinegar to 75 percent water) sprayed on carpets. Always test in an inconspicuous spot before treating a large area.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 7:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Problem is, if it's soaked in to the subflooring, you're just going to have to replace it. Good luck
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 3:26 AM on Nov. 14, 2010