What is the CafeMom Encyclopedia?

Baby Showers?

I am throwing my co-worker a baby shower. I need to know what kind of food do I serve.This is my first time doing this. Any advice will be helpful,I'm having it at work.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 9:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you having it at work? I would do hot sandwiches and have everyone sign up to bring a dish to pass.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You could do a pan of baked ziti, cold cut platters, chips, etc. Cake.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• if the party at work, then get pizza, cake, chips, soda or get the sandwich platter from shiprite/pathmark/costco
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I like the idea let everyone bring a dish.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Finger foods work great.Easy to throw together and always a hit at baby showers.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:52 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would do cold sandwiches from shoprite and ask some people to bring dishes and keep it simple.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sandwiches are always good. I would also do what others have said. Do a potluck where everyone brings a dish. Good luck!!
    djskye

Answer by djskye at 3:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Finger foods are always good, salads, different kinds of odourves, you can probably buy them already made.

Answer by older at 8:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• Finger foods are great. Veggie and fruit tray, chicken salad sandwhiches on crossants. You could als have homemade punch for drinks.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I love them. I think that for myself, being a mommy that is not working, I love the help. I want my son to have everything that he wants and needs and never have to ask for anything. And the baby shower that my mom threw me was the greatest! I got lots of stuff. I think that you should have them for the right reasons. Mine is not because I want the popularity or the gifts and am not thankful for them. I want to be able to provide for my lil boy when he gets here. Baby showers are fun to go to and have done for you and do for others.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 8:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010