So sad and frustrated..need a little advice

Yesterday I checked my cervical mucus and got a big glob of stretchy mucus tinged pink. I jumped for joy at the thought of implantation bleeding. Later last night again..a little mucus with pink. So I woke up this morning to blog about it and google of course and I had my period! My first post partum and after I just stopped breastfeeding period in almost 13.5 months! I was so disappointed.

Now I am worried. I got my positive ovulation predictor kit around 10AM November 1st. That was what 11 or 12 days ago. Unless I tested to early in the morning by holding my pee and got a false positive with FMU or I ovulated already and was detecting a surge on the way out..that makes my luteal phase too short? Right? I don't know...I have been taking vitex and b-6 for about 2 months. I am so frustrated and disappointed and don't know what to think.

I know I should be excited to get my first pp AF in 13.5 months but worried about LPD

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 9:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• First of all I know you are sad about your period but honestly...YAY...you've been trying to get things going and this shows that your body is returning to fertility even though you have to wait a whole other month.

You luteal is phase is a bit short. Usually they say under 11 days would make concieving difficult. BUT the important thing to rememember is that is can take a cycle or two to build your hormones up to the levels they need to be. My first post partum cycle with my DD my luteal phase was only 8 days long, then the next one it was 10 and the next 11. I took Fertility Blend for the next cycle and not only did it correct my luteal phase/progestrone (the hormone needed to maintain pregnancy and correct luteal phases) issue but I also got pregnant!!

You might look into taking some Fertility Blend or some Vitex. The vitex by itself is MUCh cheaper but I think Fertilty Blend is WELL WORTH the price.

GOOD LUCK!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It can be frustrating and anxiety kicks in quick but try to focus on something else, sometimes even after everything is done correctly your mind sabotages everything. I wish you the best of luck and sending baby dust your way!

Answer by older at 9:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Sorry I didn't see that you are already taking Vitex. Just remember that it's a slow working herb so it could take a few cycles to fully take affect. Honestly thought I can't say enough good things about Fertility Blend.

Also I could ditch the OPKs and just stick to cervical mucus BUT also add BBT. That way you know EXACTLY what day you ovulated and for sure that you did!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010