If you have to buy a #10 christmas gift for a work party and you know no one because you just started what would you get?

I just started a job this week and we have a christmas party in Jan. What are some suggestions on what to buy?

mandynjohnsmom

Asked by mandynjohnsmom at 9:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• Is it a random exchange or will you know the person you are giving to? If it is a random one then I would either go with gift cards, or maybe get a holiday candle, or a cute holiday decoration item or maybe even a crystal picture frame. I would not go with food or chocolate in case the person who gets the gift has diabetes or food allergies. If it is for a specific person I would try to find out what they like and make a gift basket or buy something I think they would enjoy.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Coffe cup and packet of hot cocoa?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• gift cards to wherever. Bed bath and beyond. Get popcorn tub Or maybe a movie ticket
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 9:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Chocolate, you can never go wrong with that.

Answer by older at 9:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i always give food. I tell everyone in the pool that I'm making food, too, so no one's surprised. And no one is ever unplesantly surprised. I made peppermint bark, candied chocolate covered orange peel, cakes, cupcakes, pies, booze balls. People LOVE those.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• What is a #10? We do a gift swap of small items here at work. We give lotions, candies, etc. Just something small and nice. Workers that I am around more often, sometimes give a little something nice to Cody, but that is just a nice little surprise. Nothing expected.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 10:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• OH, BTW we like to swap with everyone in the department, which is why we keep it small and simple. It is just to make it funner, because we all walk away at the end of the day with nice goodies.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 10:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• $10 gift card to Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• jenny-talia: A booze ball? What is that? Is it cooked to burn off the alcohol or something?
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 10:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i meant $10 gift. I hit the wrong button
    mandynjohnsmom

Comment by mandynjohnsmom (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2010