IS GOD In your life?

IS GOD In your life?
So many people judge for prayer in school I sent my oldest to a private school and would love to still send him there but now he is in public school. There is no prayer in school. I feel they should have a class or 20 min a day set asside for those whom would like to . What would it hurt for parents to say no or yes and if they say yes just let the kids go have silent prayer not judged or directed just a moment of silent prayer. That way they can say thank you GOD to whom ever their GOD is. A teacher say ok no-one judge just quiet and then you may go to class/..

mamagator

Asked by mamagator at 9:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think there's so many different cultures, that somebody would get offended. I think that's why.

But yes. I love God.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Just like you can't celebrate Christmas-it's a "holiday" party.
    Some people don't celebrate it, it's just a way to avoid something huge.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I believe in God too but I think if youre going to pray you can do it before class. There should be an option to pray or not before games,major tests,and stuff like that but even then the ones who dont want to pray shouldnt be made to feel bad.
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 9:50 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• HELL NO.

I live in an extremely christian neighborhood and there is PLENTY of prayer, bible clubs (and judgement) to go around. His school has a "clean up the campus" group (WTF is THAT supposed to mean, by the way) where the children are encouraged to "go and get their friends" and bring them back to this prayer group. When this happened to my son and he left the kid who brought him asked why. He told him that we did not believe in the bible and the kid started insisting that he was "going to hell" and told all the other kids in school about it.

My kids have all been told that they were "going to hell" since they started school....so since they were 5. Now...I don't know about your area, but here we have PLENTY of christian schools to go around. If you want that sort of structure for YOUR child, then you have that option. ALL I HAVE is public school. It's just not fair for us to make exceptions for christians ALL THE TIME
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 9:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• 20 minutes a day to pray when kids can barely read or do simple math in some schools? With public money? With the separation of church and state? Sorry, if anyone's kids need 20 minutes to pray a day, make the time at home. If my kids weren't in a private, religious school that does include time for morning prayers, they would get up earlier to do them.

Once you open up a can of worms like this it isn't going to be pretty. What happens when some kid pulls out a prayer rug and faces Mecca. It's not going to be what you are thinking about and it's not going to be pleasant.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Also, how hard is it to sneak in a prayer?? If you are speaking with your heart and not your mouth than can your whole life not BE a prayer?
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 9:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• God is same, for alla different religions
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 9:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Jefferson meant for the government to stay out of the affairs of religion NOT for religion to stay out of government. Once again we have allowed the minority to rule the majority. The majority of the people should stand up for their rights.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I talk to God all day long. And he usually answers just not the answers I wanted.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We pray at our house and we feel Greatful for all we have my son is 6 and asked if he could say a silent prayer before class quietly to his teacher. Because he use to last year at priate school . we can not afford it this year and told him it would be different this year. I just asked what my son wanted me to ask so he would find out how others feelt about this. Thanks for your honest input..
    mamagator

Comment by mamagator (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2010