How long after going off of birth control does it take to get out of your system and be able to conceive?

I was on the depo shot for 1 year, then tried nuva ring for 1 month and didnt like it so i switched to the pill, went of the pill for 2 months then got back on and i am in the middle of my second month right now. We are considering having another baby so i am thinking about going off.

Andrea817

Asked by Andrea817 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• It really all just depends on your body. It COULD possibly take up to a year or longer. After a year of stopping BC and trying to conceive with no results, it is suggested that you see an infertility specialist.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It took me two weeks... sigh........
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I was on the ring for almost a year and got pregnant the 1st month after i went off it. but i know people who gOt pregnant on birth control and some who tried for a few months before getting preg. i think it just depends on the person
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would say it takes about a year, you were on the shot, that is a strong bc, i took it once, and didnt have any other form of bc for more than a year and didnt get pregnant. I will never use that again. I would say if you want a baby by next year, probably stop taking bc now. It may take less time, depending on your body but im sure it will be at least a year.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 12:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Took me one month!
    puppieluv

Answer by puppieluv at 12:08 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I got pregnant 3 weeks after going off mine, and I had used it for about a year and a half. I've only ever taken the pills though. It all depends on you body.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I wason the depo for two years and then switched from the shot to the pill. I "forgot" to go get my pill renewed after the first month package and was probably pregnant within a month or so. Then along came my big three year old Jake... My family still doesn't know Jake was planned haha
    lolanbaby

Answer by lolanbaby at 6:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I went off my pill on purpose my family don't know that with my daughter and well she is now three years old .i was pregnant after about i think it was four months or so.
    Anonymous