my dd is 20 mos. And has a high fever...

snce last night about 10 shes had a fever. Last night i could take her temp but she was burning up and was flushed etc i gave her tylenol. This morning i took her temp and it is 103.2 under her arm but she was squirmy i couldnt keep it under there good. I gave her ibuprofen and shes watching her fav blues clues movie....

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can you take it in her ear? Or, and I know this is awful, rectally? You'll get a more accurate reading.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• cont.....last night she woke up randomly and sat up n stared for a long time then started hitting the bed and freaking out like there was a bug on it. Last nite she didnt eat much and is fussing . But shes still singing along to her movie and sorta being normal. I just wlways worry about seizures b/c my niece had one when she was little with a super high fever. How can i comfort her and make her feel better?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• So CALL HER DOCTOR if you don't know what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would call her peditirician and see what they want you to do. Keep her comfortable with the tylonel and give her lots of TLC and plenty of fluids but for sure call her doctor. that high of a temp underarm is really scary and I would take her temp rectally instead its so much more accurate.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 11:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• anon i didnt mean i didnt klnow what to do im just asking for advice best ways to comfort her. I havent been on cm in a long time but i see the snakes already r back hiding
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010