OMG.. I cant take it any more. {({LONG})}

I have talked to my mother in law time and time again and she still feels that she needs to tell me how to raise my son! Tonight we had a family dinner and she was holding Braxten(my ds) for about 10 minutes. My hubby brought her a bottle and told her it was time for him to eat. She looked at my husband and told him "He isnt hungry and when he is he is going to eat his baby food" not even two minutes he was screaming because he had seen the bottle and was hungry. She just let him cry, so I went into take him and she told me

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 11:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I think the MIL's just have bad ways of communicating. Instead of saying it the way she did, she should've said "when he's hungry he'll start crying"
    A lot of first time Mom's really don't know the tricks and I sure didn't listen to anyone's advice and by the time I got to my second one I had things a lot more figured out but I hated the way my MIL went about things and tuned her out when possible.
    I don't have much advice for you other than to say what you think as kindly as possible and let her know that you appreciate her thoughts and opinions but he's your son and you have to do what you feel is best and you'd appreicate her showing you the same kindness in return.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• "Dont you dare take him, He doesnt want you right now." FT! I had to walk away before I said anything to her. I told my husband to take care of it. After about 5 min. talking to his mom she finally gave braxten to my husband. But the entire night all she did was complain about it. Then when she left she made the remark "bye... see you i dont know when. not like you care anyways" GRRR makes me so mad. Dont get me wrong, I love her and want her to be apart of my son and husbands life, but dang it i dont deserve to be told that how i am raising my son is wrong. what do I do or say to get that through her head... both my husband and i have talked to her over and over again but nothing has worked!!HELp, i am out of ideas and at my wits end with her
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Ok, I know first hand exactly how you feel. My b/f's mom is the same way, she does things exactly how she wants even when i tell her how i want them done. I cant stand it, in fact it makes me angry thinking about it right now. I have told her that im the mother, and my b/f is the father, she has no say in how the child is raised she is there to love my dd. My b/f has also talked to her, she thinks im "ungrateful, selfish and spoiled" because i wont let her do things her way. The only suggestion i have is to tell her she isnt going to be allowed to see the child until she comes to reality about who the real mother is, she had her turn already with your dh. I think there was about three weeks that we didnt hear from his mom after we told her that, she finally called because she missed the baby, and now when i tell her something she is doing wrong she accepts it without saying anything to me.

Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Honey I am like that with my FIL. We had a dinner for MIL b-day today and my 4 year old wanted to go outside, so we told her to get a coat on and she said papa told me I didn't have too! Then he looked at me and said I will tell her when she needs one. My DH just sat there atleast yours talks back!!! I would just tell her he is your son she dosn't like it not to come around nicly of course but just the same. My MIL was like that and we broke her early know my FIL is doing it and it is harder b/c it is my husbands step dad harder to fight with him.
    Good luck send me a message when you figure it out.
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Tell her to shut the fuck up. I did it and it worked with my MIL. Seriously sometimes you just need to tell people that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It is just the way it is. MIL are there to make the DIL miserable. To those who get along with their MILs, can we share? ;-P Mine actually shaved off my son's mini-mowhawk. And did a bad job at it! She was not allowed to see him for 6 weeks. That calmed her down a bit. She still does other little things...
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 2:27 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Awww.... I hope things get better. Rob's mother is the same way...
    SarahJoy13

Answer by SarahJoy13 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2008