Do you agree?

Bernanke's Monetary Policy: Why a Little Inflation Is Good.
A little inflation might be good but he has no way of knowing just how much inflation his decisions will cause. It's all a needless risk in my opinion.

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is a risk, but you can't make progress without risk. If only life were that simple.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 9:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't think so....didn't inflation ruin the Euro? Are we on the same track here? I get what they're saying, but you're right, it's such a huge risk!

IDK, the more i read & study about our ecomony the more confused i get it seems....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• After reading about the QE2 last week, I feel it's a risk we shouldn't be taking. Too many variables and chances are too high that things won't work exactly like they need to in order to plateau the economy.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• ANYTHING that could help the economy is going to be a huge risk, that's how economics works. But if anyone claims to have a solution that has no risk, I'd sure love to hear it.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Raising the prices of goods right now...yeah, that's the solution.

One of these days my eyes are going to roll right out of my head.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think we should go back to the 1950's. Hehe....I was being sarcastic. I am going to leave these decisions and opinions to the people with the degrees in Economics, the people who really know.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• How will raising the cost of everything from bread to rent help the 20% plus people currently WITHOUT a paycheck?

How many people still receiving a paycheck will find themselves unemployed because demand for anything that isn't a necessity goes down further than it already has?

This is a risk we do NOT want to take. The govt needs to step away from their desks and let the markets correct themselves.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• This is wasted money. The government fully admits the last time they did this companies borrowed the money only to have it sit to this day because they didn't want to spend it. This is borrowing from Peter to pay Paul and everyone knows that seldom works well. The government has America so afraid that something(I don't even think they know what) is going to happen that they need to do this.
    They don't know Kerp, that's the point. No one knows how much inflation this will cause.
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• They don't know Kerp, that's the point. No one knows how much inflation this will cause.

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) 11 minutes
    -------------------------
    Do YOU know? DO you know more than they do?
    WHy not get a PhD in Economics and run for an office instead of wasting your time lecturing us and admonishing us and telling us that everything can be blamed on the Libs and so forth....
    Instead of typing out your frustrations here at a site where Moms want to know how long they should breast feed and ask "Could I be pregnant?" Do something. I am really getting bored with you.and Carpy and Lorikeet and TN and Grace ( what an ironic name...ha...grace...)....all of you conceited know-it-alls.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

Answer by lovinangels an hour ago

LOL!! Totally agree!!!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010