If YOU were paddled in school and survived please BUMP!!!

Borrowed from another post.

Notice I said paddled no beaten or abused. Also did we not get spanked or punished at home if we had to get paddled at school?

Asked by treynlisa at 10:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Heck, I had a paddling everyday at school. I refused to do homework. Then, I would get it at home too. LOL I am not some loner, depressed, low self-esteem person...

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Our teachers proudly displayed their paddles. Some even had holes in them. So, here's your bump. I seem pretty well adjusted and I had more than my share of the paddle.

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:36 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No I was never paddled and if I ever find out a teacher has hit my child with a paddle he/she better look out.

Answer by Syphon at 10:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• bump

Answer by Anonymous5 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i was a kid that would have been emotionally damaged if my teachers had hit me. i had a very unstable homelife and school was my safe place. i am a teacher and so glad we arent expected to hit children. it is morally wrong. how can you build a trusting relationship with a student while you assult them. i know - you all survived - that doesnt make it the BEST WAY!

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was not only paddled at school, but that was the best part - when I got home I was beat & grounded on top of what the school did...

And guess what, I lived!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I did not get it every day but the nuns did hit and all of us survived it .

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• as lzsarejman stated my teachers also proudly displayed there paddles. My 4th grade teacher had a black board with 6 holes drilled in it and the bomb printed on it.....he last name was Bahm.

Answer by armymom69 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was paddled in school and i lived!

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I wasn't paddled at school, but my brother was...I don't necessarily agree with paddling as discipline, but am against no discpline at all....

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 12, 2010