huh?

i think i just got my period and i just had a miscarriage 16 days ago?? does this seem right?

meagan517

Asked by meagan517 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Every woman's body is different. Yes it is totally possible, OR.. if it doesn't last very long it could still be from the miscariage, but I doubt it.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i stopped bleeding for four days now and now all of a sudden its no longer just brown like it has been its more red now...i thought it was suppose to be 4 weeks
    meagan517

Comment by meagan517 (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It is entirely possible, miscarriage can really mess up your hormones/cycle. It can take a few months to go back to being "normal" again.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I had two miscarriages in 2007. The first one I bled for six weeks, on and off. It was really really awful and ended up having to have a DNC. I was at 11 1/2 weeks though and had a really rough time (emotionally and physically). My second one I was only 6 weeks along and like you I bled, stopped and then restarted. Your body goes through a lot of changes and healing. If you continue to bleed though after this, call your doctor immediately (I didn't) and get an ultrasound to make sure that your body is done. It is really important if you are planning to ttc again any time soon. A DNC can actually make you more fertile because you are getting rid of tissue in the uterus. Hopefully that was not tmi. If you don't have a follow-up appointment set for the near future, call Monday and make one. You won't regret it.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2010