If my dd

at 13 mths dont drink a sippy should i be concerned? She will drink juice from this tommy tippee sippy occasionally but not her milk? What can i do? & is she supposed to be off night time bottles too? because she wakes up once or twice a night for one and has to have one to fall asleep!

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I took away all bottles when my daughter was a year old. She got a sippy cup (she prefers straw cups) or nothing.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My 2 younger kids had a bottle until they were 3. Do whatever feels right to you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was thinking about getting the transition sippy at wal mart that come with three stages its like $6, but it has a nipple like a bottle for stage one.
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It is really is best for her to stop night feeds. It is a habit at this age. Her teeth will pay for it. A bottle of water is best if she wakes in the night. But as far as bottle breaking that should happen when you are comfortable but remember that longer you wait the harder it can be. If you still give her a bottle you can just change what she gets in it.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Someone told me to put what she likes in the sippy and water or something she dont like in the bottles.
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• One bottle at a time. Thats what we did. We did away with one bottle and gave her a sippy of milk. Then once she would drink about 4 oz of milk from a sippy we did away with another bottle. Now no bottles!!!
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 11:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• NO bottles in bed! Try adjusting her schedule. Give her a bottle then a bath and a little play then put her down. Don't let her associate bottle and bedtime. let her cry it out at night, she should not need a bottle during the night at this age, it is more habit than anything. Reduce the milk slowly with water until it is all water, she will take the cup becase it tastes better..Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Both my kids were taken off the bottles as soon as they were old enough because they kept chewing the nipples. Try a sippy with a soft spout, my DD had trouble adjusting so we tried those until she had the hang of it, its more like a bottle then the hard ones. And that is a good idea too put what she likes in the cups and something else in the bottles.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2010