What do you do when you live in such a small place you don't have room for a christmas tree??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• My sister used to zig zag garland back and forth in a corner. Making it look like the shape of a triangle. Then hang some ornaments on it. It was very cute.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I'd get a tiny live tree that sits on a small table or in the middle of whatever table I already have
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Make one out of paper or cardboard and put it on the wall. I think I remember last year that Target sold a large vinyl decal in the shape of a Christmas tree you could put on the wall.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• well when i was younger my mom made us decorate a house plant one year, but now they have the small tabletop trees.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• We live in a duplex that just a living room and kitchen dining room on the main floor. I set my tree up in the hallway. Can you do something like that? Mine looks really good there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I was going to say the small tabletop tree. My first Xmas as a single adult in my own place I had a 2 foot tree on top of a milk crate. LOL.....One year my brother was going to be staying with us (in a small house) and he had 2 small kids and we had to do the Santa thing. We used a small tree on top of a card table, kept the gifts UNDER the table with a sheet over it, and it worked out great.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My SO works 225 miles away. So, we have a 1 bedroom apartment close to his job for the week and he comes home on the weekends and holidays. We have a small 18" tabletop tree that we put up on the table so he has some "Christmas" during the week. It has tiny ornaments and a tiny lit-up star at the top.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I agree with ballewal. Get a big one to put on the wall and let your kids decorate with ornamental stickers get creative, i think that would be allot of fun. Or just buy a miniature tree.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 11:13 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Move something and cram it in! We always made room, and we had a little place. Get a narrow tree.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• There is a potted plant called a "Norwalk Pine" (I think!). It looks a lot like a Christmas tree, and comes in a lot of different sizes. They are easy to decorate, and you will have it from year to year :)

Or, a small artificial (or you may be able to find a cut one) tree on an end or coffee table would be really cute. They have a lot of "little" decorations at Target made just for the little trees.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010