38 weeks pregnant and having sharp almost tearing or severe stretching pain to lower abdomen.

38 weeks pregnant and took anhour long nap on my right side and just got up and am now having sharp almost tearing or severe stretching pain to lower abdomen. Its not ridiculously painful but it does hurt. Like a 6 out of 10 on the pain scale. Not bleeding but have been leaking what I think is cervical fluid for past 2 weeks. Just had ultrasound yesterday and was told amniotic fluid is on lower portion of the threshold but still ok and normal enough for the baby. What could this pain be?

SunshineSandie

Asked by SunshineSandie at 10:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• round ligament pain
    do the pelvic rock exercise
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• This sounds like ligament pull. It can be quit painful. But very normal. If you are cramping in anyway you should lay down on you left side and drink lots of water. If the pain doesn't stop call you OB or midwife.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Round ligament pain get's really bad at this time. And it gets harder and harder with every pregnancy. I had to stop after 4 lol.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Since you're 38 weeks, sounds like the baby is dropping down into your pelvis...preparing for delivery. I'm sure your ligaments and muscles aren't happy about it. :)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2010