Looking for legit work from home job, not phone work!

Looking for data entry or virtual assistant etc. Any help is greatly apprecitated.

DEBBAA343

Asked by DEBBAA343 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• 99% of the home based jobs are going to involve phone work, that's why I have trouble doing them. Your best bets are going to be those "text answers" like ChaCha or something, or writing like the "Examiner" or something that will pay you for what you can write about. But those aren't going to give you much income... You can also check out opening an Ebay shop or something if you enjoy doing rummage sales or antiquing or something...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would also suggest eBay. It's a great place to start your business from. If you are unfamiliar with the rules, you can go to eBay, go up to the Community tab at the top right and read everything in there. Be sure to read the Answer Center and the Discussion Forums. You can learn all you ever wanted or need to know.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Check the job boards for telecommuting jobs. But one word of warning, legit work at home jobs are difficult to find. The majority of the people who work at home either own their own businesses, do freelance work, franchising or direct sales.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• What a great idea...I would love to be home with my kids but never wanted to get into all that garbage of finding "real" work. I just lost a baby and returning to work at the day care scares me to even think about but regardless id have to for a short time to get started with E-Bay. Thanks for the idea!!!
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 11:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques.. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2010