Does anybody out there know anything about John Casablancas?? We are supposed to sign with them tomorrow but, they want money for training classes and they make me feel a little stupid when I ask why all the $$?!? HELP

blumagoo

Asked by blumagoo at 12:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My cousin went there it was a total waste of money....................they tell you the moon & stars take ictures tHAT DON'T GO VERY FAR save your money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• There are reports all over the place regarding that place. Every one says it was waste of money. Most experts will tell you not to shell out big bucks for classes and photos. You should expect to pay for it, but not so much that the kids won't be able to go to college if the modelling doesnt work out.
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchresults.asp?q5=John%20Casablancas&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&Search=Search
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My niece did it...waste of money? YES. It didnt do anything to further her in acting or modeling at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yep. They overcharge for everything and then 95% of the people that go never get any call backs. They're not a total scam but definitely not worth it. You should never need to go to acting or modeling classes until AFTER you have signed with an actual agent. But that's how modeling agencies make their money...
    Anonymous

• Please save your money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• read the quotes on this link. very good advice and information.

http://www.modelingscams.org/modelingschools.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• quote from that site I left link to:

If an agency you visit is affiliated with a modelling school or tries to sell you courses, then run! Reputable agencies will train you for free. If they charge you anything at all, it's a sure thing it's a scam. Don't listen to promises of "you just need to take one course, then we guarantee you work." It's a lie. Want proof? Not one single person from any of the major modeling schools has EVER become a top model. So don't waste your money on this rip-off!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I remember when a friend in Jr. High went to "BARBIZON", and even in 7th grade I remember thinking to myself that if it legit, they should never ask for money or impose fees to become involved...Building a portfolio for your advancing your career is one thing, but I don't think you should have to pay, ya know? Good luck with whatever choice you make! ;)
    NICNLV

Answer by NICNLV at 4:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Hey, I knew a girl in Jr. High that also went to Barbizon. Funny, I haven't seen her in any movies, commercials, print ads, or anything. She was tall and had great pictures taken. . .
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:16 AM on Nov. 3, 2008