What do you think is reasonable for a babysitter to charge?

for two children ages 4 1/2 and 1 1/2? They will be there full time 5 days/week. I got an offer, and I just think it's kind of high (from what I have been paying)..and I dont know if it is appropriate to negotiate a fee for watching my children. What she is offering is out of my budget! What do I do???!! Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• $10 an hour.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Locally (to me), $5/hour would be higher than average.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I would think it will Depend on your area... Around here daycares go for about $25 a day per child. Sitters go for about $10-$15 an hour...

Check out Care.com and see what the going rates in your area are.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Around here for those ages it would be about $240 a week. The prices varies depending on ages, who supplies food and diapers.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:26 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Here is 25/day per child. some give a discount for the second child.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think you have to just tell her what you were paying and what you can pay and let her know you will have to keep looking because it is unfortunately out of your budget. If she wants to reduce her price she will offer you a lower price but otherwise you have to just keep looking for something in your range.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 12, 2010